Adult Bible Study Classes
Explore Christian teaching of Biblical truths and find its meaning to faith and life.
Classes held each Sunday 9:45-10:30 am
- Pathfinders (Main Building, 2nd Floor) – We are a young adult class that is looking to grow. If you are a recent college graduate, young single or newly married, etc… you would be most welcome. Our general age is 24/25 to early 30’s. Study life applied courses.
- Cornerstone (Family Life Center, 2nd Floor) – We are in our 30’s and 40’s, mostly married couples but anyone is welcome. Study Journey Through the Bible , other topics and the New Testament
- Disciples (Family Life Center, 2nd Floor) – We have two rules: (1) Don’t Judge. (2) Don’t Pressure. Most of our class is between 30-40 years of age, while we have some younger and some senior aged class members. 30 minute study of various topics, the different characters in the Bible, as well as the lessons from those characters. We have a simple approach to each lesson by learning how it relates to each of our own present day lives, and how we might apply it, rather than simply learning the history of the Bible.
- Breakfast Club (Main Building, upstairs behind Sanctuary) – We are mostly in our 40’s and 50’s and everyone is welcome to come and join us. Study various topics that are of interest to our members.
- Pairs and Spares (Family Life Center, 2nd Floor) – Ages late 40’s to early 70’s. Couples as well as singles make up the class. Our attendance runs around 8 to 10 each Sunday with sometimes more. Study David C. Cook series
- Congeniality (Main Building, Parlor) -Anyone over 70 years of age would be the most comfortable, but anyone is welcome. This class is comprised of 19 members at the present time.We have monthly social events. Study theCokesbury church literature, “Uniform Series.”
- Fellowship (Education Building, 2nd Floor) – Our class is comprised of a large range of ages from 50 to 80+. We welcome visitors and new members to our class. Study Cokesbury Adult Bible Studies
- John Howard Life Style (Education Building, 2nd Floor) – We are mostly married and in our 50’s and 60’s, but everyone is welcome to give us a try. Study various topics selected by the class.
- John Wesley-Claire Nowlin (Education Building, 2nd Floor) – We are couples and singles; Study David C. Cook series
- Journey (Main Building) – We have 2 regular teachers that teach once a month and 2 guest teachers that teach once a month. We welcome all visitors and anyone desiring to join. Most of our members are in the 50 to 70 year old range. We have married couples, singles, widows. We hope that we make everyone feel welcome. Study Cokesbury Adult Bible Studies
- Joy (Education Building, 2nd Floor) – Comprised of a large range of ages from 50 to 80+. We welcome visitors and new members. We are a loving, Christian group with a heart for God and try to show Christian love and witness to others in need, including our class, church members and the community. We care for our members by keeping up with their health issues or other concerns, through prayer, phone calls, visits, and any other assistance that we can provide, when needed. We also contribute to missions and community outreach. We have a lot of fun together and usually have a class social once a month — either potluck dinner or eat at a local restaurant. Study Cokesbury Adult Bible Studies
- Stewardship (Main Building, behind Sanctuary) – This class consists of a fine group of Christian ladies who welcome any other ladies to visit. Study International Bible Study series